IMPORTANT NOTICE: The deadline for registration for the Santa Gianna
International Opera Competition was EXTENDED on May 8th.
TAXI – For taxi transfer (price 5 euro roundtrip) from Magenta station to Mesero call 3188.8.131.522
1. The “Santa Gianna Beretta Molla” International Opera Competition is open to all opera singers, as long as they are adults, of any nationality, with no age limits.
2. Together with the registration form, the candidate must present:
a) a photocopy of identity document;
b) a brief artistic curriculum in Italian or English, with telephone number and email address;
c) the musical program that he/she intends to perform, indicating: author, title and origin of the pieces.
d) rreceipt of payment of € 70.00; Reason: registration fee Competition “Santa Gianna”, addressed to: Associazione “Giuseppe Verdi” di Mesero c / o Banca Prossima, filiale di Milano IBAN: IT52N0335901600100000139264, BIC: BCITITMX;
e) all documentation must be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org;
f) candidates can also choose to register by filling out the form directly
In case of non-participation in the Competition, the Association will not be held, under any circumstances, to the reimbursement of the registration fee already paid.
3. The deadline for registration and receipt of all documentation is set for May 3, 2018.
4. The Competition will take place from 10 to 13 May 2018 at the Council Chamber of the Municipality of Mesero (Mi), and will include three phases: preliminary round – semi-final – FINAL WITH ORCHESTRA in a concert open to the public. For the entire course of the Competition the competitors will be invited to prepare 3 operatic pieces, of which one must be chosen from this list:
1) V.Bellini: “Oh quante volte..” from Capuleti e Montecchi
2) V.Bellini: “Casta Diva” from Norma
3) G.Bizet: “Je dis que rien ne m’épouvante” from Carmen
4) G.Donizetti: “Quel guardo il cavaliere… So anch’io la virtù magica” fromDon Pasquale
5) P.Mascagni: “Voi lo sapete, o mamma” from Cavalleria Rusticana
6) W.A.Mozart: “E Susanna non vien…Dove sono i bei momenti” from Le nozze di Figaro
7) W.A.Mozart: “Giunse alfin il momento… Deh, vieni non tardar” from Le nozze di Figaro
8) W.A.Mozart: “Der Hölle Rache” from Die Zauberflöte
9) J.Offenbach: “Les oiseaux dans la charmille” from Les contes d’Hoffmann
10) G.Puccini: “Sì, mi chiamano Mimì” from La Bohème
11) G.Puccini: “Quando men vo” from La Bohème
12) G.Puccini: “Donde lieta uscì” from La Bohème
13) G.Puccini: “O mio babbino caro” from Gianni Schicchi
14) G.Puccini: “Un bel dì vedremo” from Madama Butterfly
15) G.Puccini: “Vissi d’arte” from Tosca
16) G.Verdi: “Ben io t’invenni… Anch’io dischiuso un giorno… Salgo già…” from Nabucco
17) G.Verdi: “Ave Maria” from Otello
18) G.Verdi: “Caro nome” from Rigoletto
19) G.Verdi: “Ah! Forse lui… Sempre libera degg’io” from La Traviata
20) G.Verdi: “Addio del passato” from La Traviata
21) G.Verdi: “Come d’aurato sogno…Tacea la notte placida…Di tale amor che dirsi” from Il Trovatore
1) G.Bizet: “Habanera” from Carmen
2) G.Bizet: “Seguidilla” from Carmen
3) F.Cilea: “Acerba voluttà” from Adriana Lecouvreur
4) G.Donizetti: “O mio Fernando… Scritto in cielo il mio furor…” from La Favorita
5) P.Mascagni: “Voi lo sapete, o mamma” from Cavalleria Rusticana
6) W.A.Mozart: “Smanie implacabili” from Così fan tutte
7) W.A.Mozart: “E’ amore un ladroncello” from Così fan tutte
8) W.A.Mozart: “Voi che sapete” from Le Nozze di Figaro
9) G.Rossini: “Una voce poco fa” from Il Barbiere di Siviglia
10) C.Saint-Saens: “Mon coeur” from Samson et Dalila
11) G.Verdi: “Oh, dischiuso è il firmamento” from Nabucco
12) G.Verdi: “Stride la vampa” from Il Trovatore
13) G.Verdi: “Condotta ell’era in ceppi” from Il Trovatore
14) G.Verdi: “O Don fatale” from Don Carlo
1) G.Bizet: “Air de fleur” from Carmen
2) G.Donizetti: “Una furtiva lagrima” from Elisir d’amore
3) G.Donizetti:“Povero Ernesto…Cercherò lontana terra…Se tu sei ben mio felice” from Don Pasquale
4) R.Leoncavallo: “Vesti la giubba” from I Pagliacci
5) G.Puccini: “Che gelida manina” from La Bohème
6) G.Puccini: “Recondita armonia” from Tosca
7) G.Puccini: “E lucean le stelle” from Tosca
8) G.Puccini: “Addio, fiorito asil” from Madama Butterfly
9) G.Puccini: “Nessun dorma” from Turandot
10) G.Rossini: “Ecco ridente in cielo” from Il Barbiere di Siviglia
11) G.Verdi: “Celeste Aida” from Aida
12) G.Verdi: “Ella mi fu rapita!… Parmi veder le lagrime” from Rigoletto
13) G.Verdi: “La donna è mobile” from Rigoletto
14) G.Verdi: “Lunge da lei… De’ miei bollenti spiriti” from Traviata
15) G.Verdi: “Ah! Si, ben mio” from Il Trovatore
1) V.Bellini: “Ah, per sempre io ti perdei” from I Puritani
2) G.Donizetti: “Come Paride vezzoso” from Elisir d’amore
3) W.A.Mozart: “Se vuol ballare” from Le Nozze di Figaro
4) W.A.Mozart: “Non più andrai, farfallone amoroso” from Le Nozze di Figaro
5) W.A.Mozart: “Hai già vinta la causa… Vedrò, mentr’io sospiro” from Le Nozze di Figaro
6) W.A.Mozart: “Tutto è disposto… Aprite un po’ quegli occhi” from Le Nozze di Figaro
7) W.A.Mozart: “Madamina, il catalogo è questo” from Don Giovanni
8) G.Rossini: “Largo al Factotum” from Il Barbiere di Siviglia
9) G.Verdi: “Pietà, rispetto, amore” from Macbeth
10) G.Verdi: “Dio di Giuda!” from Nabucco
11) G.Verdi: “Cortigiani, vil razza dannata” from Rigoletto
12) G.Verdi: “Di Provenza il mar, il suol” from La Traviata
13) G.Verdi: “Il balen del suo sorriso” from Il Trovatore
14) G.Verdi: “Per me giunto… Io morrò” from Don Carlo
1) V.Bellini: “Vi ravviso, o luoghi ameni… Tu non sai…” from La Sonnambula
2) G.Donizetti: “Udite, o rustici” from Elisir d’amore
3) W.A.Mozart: “Se vuol ballare” from Le Nozze di Figaro
4) W.A.Mozart: “Non più andrai Farfallone amoroso” from Le Nozze di Figaro
5) W.A.Mozart: “Tutto è disposto… Aprite un po’ quegl’occhi” from Le Nozze di Figaro
6) W.A.Mozart: “Madamina, il catalogo è questo” from Don Giovanni
7) W.A.Mozart: “O Isis und Osiris” from Die Zauberfloete
8) G.Puccini: “Vecchia zimarra” from La Bohème
9) G.Rossini: “A un Dottor della mia sorte” from Il Barbiere di Siviglia
10) G.Rossini: “La calunnia” from Il Barbiere di Siviglia
11) G.Verdi: “Come dal ciel precipita” from Macbeth
12) G.Verdi: “Il lacerato spirito” from Simon Boccanegra
13) G.Verdi: “Ella giammai m’amò” from Don Carlo
14) G.Verdi: “Vieni, o Levita… Tu sul labbro dei veggenti” from Nabucco
The competitor may also present a sacred or religious (operatic as well) piece of his own free choice;it is also given the possibility to compete only for the religious or sacred section (only one piece);in this case a payment of € 35.00 will be requested as registration fee.
5. The convocation order will be published on the website by May 9th 2018: https://www.associazionegiuseppeverdi.com/concorso/concorso-2018/ entro il 9 Maggio 2018.
Competitors who will appear to be absent will be excluded from the Competition, unless the delay is proved by a justified reason and, in any case, does not exceed the end of the preliminary round. No travel expenses reimbursement: board and lodging will be paid uniquely by the competitors. It will be made available to competitors, during the duration of the Competition, a transfer service Magenta / Mesero Train Station at a cost of 5 Euro A / R per person.
6. Hotel accommodation: the competitors will have the opportunity to stay (with food) in affiliated facilities at convenient prices. For information, contact the Competition office: 0039 348/8109363 email: email@example.com;
7. The jury will decide at its sole discretion the distribution of the prizes and, if it deems it appropriate, the non-assignment or their reduction.The jury has the right to interrupt the test of a candidate, provided that there is unanimity.
8. All the finalists admitted to the final Concert of 13 May 2018 will receive a diploma of honor.The following prizes will be awarded:
– First Prize: Euro 1500,00;
– Second Prize: Euro 750,00;
– Third Prize: Euro 350,00;
– Award for the best execution of a sacred or religious piece: Euro 350,00;
– – The following OPERATIC ROLES (paid) for the realization of the Opera Rigoletto by G.Verdi will be placed:
Duke of Mantua (tenor)
The Count of Monterone (bass / baritone)
to be realized in the year 2018 with orchestra, scenes and costumes in a Milanese hinterland theater to be defined; realization by the G. Verdi Association of Mesero;
– Participation in a Concert organized by the “Associazione Amici della Lirica Giuditta Pasta of Saronno” (Mi): the Jury will identify four singers among the finalists, who will be offered an opera concert (paid) with piano accompaniment, in the Concert Season of the Giuditta Pasta Association of Saronno;
– Participation in a Concert of the Giacomo Puccini Conservatory of Gallarate (Va): the Director of the Conservatory, Maestro Sergio Gianzini, in agreement with the Jury, will assign to a finalist the realization of a concert with piano accompaniment, which will be held at the Mozart Hall of the Conservatory of Gallarate, by the end of May 2018 (with reimbursement of expenses);
– All the competitors will be listened to by the artistic direction of the Goldoni Theater of Livorno and Macedonian Opera and Ballet Theatre (Macedonia), as well as by the owner of the Agency for Opera singers Music Center of Milan.
The finalists will perform with the accompaniment of the International Opera Competition Orchestra “Santa Gianna Beretta Molla” (conductor: Damiano Cerutti) in collaboration with Ensemble Testori, in the presence of the Judging Commission and the public, who will not have the faculty of voting.
9. The “Giuseppe Verdi” Cultural Association reserves the right to record the Competition with videotape, tape, CD-DVD, internet, radio and TV, without any duty to the competitors, for any reason. Participation in this competition involves the release of audio / video recordings for radio, television and internet broadcasting, and does not imply any payment of rights or compensation of any kind, for any reason or cause. Registration for the competition implies acceptance of these regulations.
10. We do not assume any responsibility for risks or damages of any kind that may arise to competitors during the course of the entire Competition.
11. The Artistic Direction and the Organization of the Competition reserve the right to make changes to these regulations, if necessary.
12. In case of dispute, the Court of Milan is competent, and the text of the present regulation in Italian is valid.
13. Pursuant to Legislative Decree of the 30 June 2003 nr. 196 Code regarding the protection of personal data, the Cultural Association “Giuseppe Verdi” informs that the data provided by the registration form will be kept and used exclusively in order to send information about the Association and that, pursuant to the aforementioned Legislative Decree, the owner of the data has the right to know, update, delete and rectify his data or object to their use.
1. Qualifying Round – 10/11 May 2018:
Execution of a single opera piece chosen by the candidate, and possible execution of the sacred or religious piece (for this section the semifinal test is not foreseen: in case of success, the direct access to the final is guaranteed for the sacred section).
2. Semifinal test – 12 May 2018:
Execution of two operatic pieces chosen by the Commission.
3. Final Round (public concert with orchestra) – 13 May 2018:
The program of the final concert will be determined by the Judging Commission, both for the operatic section and for the sacred/religious section.
President of the Commission::
- Maestro Mauro Bonfanti – Baritone, Maestro of Belcanto and President of the “Giuseppe Verdi” Italian Cultural Association.
Members of the jury:
- Professor Sergio Gianzini – Composer and Director of the “Giacomo Puccini” ISSM Conservatory of Gallarate.
- Professoressa Maria Mastino – Soprano, Singing Teacher at the “Giuseppe Verdi” Conservatory of Milan.
- Maestro Bruno Nicoli – Conductor and Director of the Musical Complexes at the Teatro alla Scala in Milan.
- Maestro Alberto Paloscia – Musicologist, Director and Artistic Director of the opera season Fondazione Teatro “Goldoni” of Livorno.
- Prof.ssa Anna Maria Pizzoli, Soprano, former Singing Teacher at the “Giuseppe Verdi” Conservatory of Milan.
- Maestro Aldo Ruggiano, Pianist, Maestro di Scartito and Choral Director of Monzese.
Note: If a member of the Jury were to be a professor of one of the candidates for the Competition, he will abstain from issuing any verbal and written judgment on the latter.
a) The registration document has legal value and, in case of disputes, the only text that has value is the original Italian text.
b) The organization of the competition provides an accompanying pianist free of charge; if a competitor wishes to participate with his own pianist, upon notice, he will have to bear all travel expenses, accommodation and other expenses.
c) Information: Competition organizing office: mobile 0039 3383544352; mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Filippo Torre – Organizational Secretary
Maria Chiara Brandolini – Assistant